The 2000 Schwinn Super Sport GLX is a triathlon/road bike with an aluminum frame. The frame has a Metallic Blue finish. It was released in 2000 and costs $1,959 brand new. Due to the frame materials and other factors, we estimate that this bike weighs around 20 pounds. The Super Sport GLX 2000 is fully rigid.
- Frame: Double Butted 7005 Alloy
- Fork: GLX Carbon, 1″ aluminum steerer tube, aluminum crown
- Wheelset: VeloMax Circuit
- Tires: Continental, 700x23c
- Crankset: Shimano 105 52/42/30 FC-5501/5504 170mm
- Pedals: New Platform
- Shifter: Shimano 105, 9-speed ST-5500
- Front: Shimano 105, FD-5503
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105, RD-5500
- Cog: Shimano HG-50 12-25, 9spd
- Brakeset: Shimano 105 dual pivot w/Shimano 105 STI levers
- Seat Post: Alloy micro-adjust
- Handlebars: Bontrager w/ergo bend 26.6mm 36cm
- Stem: Bontrager w/ origins 1″ stem conversion 90mm
- Tape: Black tape
- Cables and Housing: Jagwire/Shimano/Sram
- A) Seat Tube: 46cm Center to Top
- B) Effective Seat Tube: 54cm
- C) Effective Top Tube: 52cm
- D) Top Tube: 52cm
- E) Wheel Base: 98.5cm
- F) Standover Height to Top Tube: 75cm/ 20.5inches
- G) Head Tube: 13.5cm
- H) Reach: 36cm
- I) Stack: 54cm
Note: Measurements can be .5 +/-
The Guy High-Performance Tune-up:
- Wash Bike
- Adjusting Hubs (Overhaul if needed)
- True Wheels
- Installing tubes and tires (if needed)
- Adjusting Headset
- Adjust Front and Rear Derailleur
- Drive Train Clean (in sonic cleaner) and lube
- Front Derailleur
- Rear Derailleur
- Adjusting Brakes and Clean Inspect Brake Pads
- Installing any Cable and Housing (if needed)
- Wrap Bars (if needed)
- Safety inspection of the frame and all parts
- Detail Polish
So, purchase USED with confidence that you will have a finely tuned bike.
A little about the seller:
I’ve been in the cycling industry for more than 30 years (I know, that makes me old!). I’ve been a professional bicycle mechanic for most of those years, including working locally at Lee’s Cyclery before they became Trek Stores. Now I work from home as a Customer Success Manager for a software team. But I still love fixing up and working on bikes, and riding them too!
Purchase from me with peace of mind. Not only can you trust my years of experience, but I will also fit you for the bike and provide any mechanical insight at the time of purchase. No warranties or refunds, provided. The bikes are sold as-is but It includes follow-up minor adjustments and fitting if needed within the first 30 days as well.
I ship UPS Ground and the bike is disassembled. I do have a video to help in putting back together. Usually, it’s the Bars, Front Wheel, Pedals, and Seatpost that need to be put back on. I try to keep it simple. It will be packed very well, but if you see any damage to the box or bike keep the box and packing material plus, take pictures. I do insure all bikes that are shipped and require a signature. In addition, if shipped out of Colorado, there is no Sales Tax.
Colorado customers, try to buy Local. Info below:
For Local Purchases Only:
If you’re local to Loveland, Colorado, it is highly recommended to come to check it out in person. A professional fitting is included with each bike sold to ensure you have the right size bike and it fits you. All bike showings are by appointment only, so feel free to grab some time off of my calendar.
Purchase from me with peace of mind. Not only can you trust my years of experience, but I will also fit you for the bike and provide any mechanical insight at the time of purchase. The bikes are sold as-is. No warranties or refunds, provided. But it INCLUDES follow-up minor adjustments and fitting if needed within the first 30 days.