Klein’s proprietary ZR 9000 Aluminum blends the advantages of aerospace-grade aluminum, zirconium, copper, and manganese into lighter, stronger tubing with a 98% better fatigue life than industry-standard aluminum. Its improved strength allows thinner Gradient tube walls in key areas of the frame, which reduces frame weight by 15%. You’ll be astounded how light and easy pedaling this makes your new Klein!
High-modulus carbon-fiber composite appears in the seat stay assembly, the Aeros Carbon fork, and in the chainstays of select Klein models. This composite doesn’t just reduce weight, it adds stiffness and capitalizes on carbon’s capacity to absorb road and trail vibration. End result: climbing efficiency, viciously quick acceleration, tight, stable, predictable cornering, and comfort you’ll appreciate on long days in the saddle.
Klein’s proprietary process creates smooth, void-free welds that are aesthetically cleaner and significantly stronger. Because welds receive the most stress of any part of a bike frame, strong welds are critical to a frame’s longevity. Because void-free welds don’t include the weakening bumps and pits common to inferior welds, their smooth composition dramatically increases a Klein frame’s life.
- Frame: Aluminum Klein Gradient, w/OCLV VC Carbon seat stays
- Fork: Klein straight blade, Carbon fiber w/aluminum steerer, aero crown
- Wheelset: Matrix Aurora, 32-hole
- Tires: Specialized All Condition, 700x23c
- Crankset: Shimano 105, 30/42/52 teeth FC-5502/5505
- Pedals: New Platform
- Shifter: Shimano Tagra STI ST-4400
- Front: Shimano 105, FD-5504
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105, RD-6501
- Cog: 9-speed, 12 – 25 teeth CS-HG70
- Brakeset: Shimano Taigra Dual Pivot brakes, Shimano 105 STI Dual Control levers
- Seat Post: Bontrager
- Handlebars: Bontrager Select 42mm
- Stem: Alloy 90mm
- Tape: Black tape
- Cables and Housing: Jagwire/Shimano/Sram
- A) Seat Tube: 51cm Center to Top Tube
- B) Effective Seat Tube: 55cm
- C) Effective Top Tube: 55cm
- D) Top Tube: 54cm
- E) Wheel Base: 95cm
- F) Standover Height to Top Tube: 76cm/ 30 inches
- G) Head Tube: 14.5cm
- H) Reach: 37cm
- I) Stack: 56cm
Note: Measurements can be .5 +/-
The Guy High-Performance Tune-up:
- Wash Bike
- Adjusting Hubs (Overhaul if needed)
- True Wheels
- Installing tubes and tires (if needed)
- Adjusting Headset
- Adjust Front and Rear Derailleur
- Drive Train Clean (in sonic cleaner) and lube
- Front Derailleur
- Rear Derailleur
- Adjusting Brakes and Clean Inspect Brake Pads
- Installing any Cable and Housing (if needed)
- Wrap Bars (if needed)
- Safety inspection of the frame and all parts
- Detail Polish
So, purchase USED with confidence that you will have a finely tuned bike
A little about the seller:
I’ve been in the cycling industry for more than 30 years (I know, that makes me old!). I’ve been a professional bicycle mechanic for most of those years, including working locally at Lee’s Cyclery before they became Trek Stores. Now I work from home as a Customer Success Manager for a software team. But I still love fixing up and working on bikes, and riding them too!
Purchase from me with peace of mind. Not only can you trust my years of experience, but I will also fit you for the bike and provide any mechanical insight at the time of purchase. No warranties or refunds, provided. The bikes are sold as-is but It includes follow-up minor adjustments and fitting if needed within the first 30 days as well.
I ship UPS Ground and the bike is disassembled. I do have a video to help in putting back together. Usually, it’s the Bars, Front Wheel, Pedals, and Seatpost that need to be put back on. I try to keep it simple. It will be packed very well, but if you see any damage to the box or bike keep the box and packing material plus, take pictures. I do insure all bikes that are shipped and require a signature. In addition, if shipped out of Colorado, there is no Sales Tax.
Colorado customers, try to buy Local. Info below:
For Local Purchases Only:
If you’re local to Loveland, Colorado, it is highly recommended to come to check it out in person. A professional fitting is included with each bike sold to ensure you have the right size bike and it fits you. All bike showings are by appointment only, so feel free to grab some time off of my calendar.
Purchase from me with peace of mind. Not only can you trust my years of experience, but I will also fit you for the bike and provide any mechanical insight at the time of purchase. The bikes are sold as-is. No warranties or refunds, provided. But it INCLUDES follow-up minor adjustments and fitting if needed within the first 30 days.